Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 35 PURGE - to Friends

PURGING can be hard enough, but to keep things out of landfills when you are PURGING can be even more challenging.

It will take a little extra work, but finding a new home for your stuff (as opposed to the trash) is well worth it. This week I PURGEd specifically to people I knew and it left me with a positive feeling that I was helping them out a bit too, in addition to all the usual perks of PURGE.

#219 Parenting Magazines - went to my friend Cyndi. This is the same Cyndi who received several of these during Week 3. She's a preschool teacher and uses them in her classroom for
arts and crafts.

#220 Size 12-18 Month Tops and #221 Pajama Sets - This went to a friend, Declan, who was the recipient of some of Monkey's clothes in the past, such as in Week 4. Several things I gave him were returned, so I don't count them as an actual PURGE, but Declan's mommy told me that he's in this size now and his growth has slowed, so he should be able to make use of Monkey's clothes this time. I can't wait to see him in these!
#222 Size 9-12 month boys's winter coat, #223 Tops, #224 Pants, and #225 Pajama Sets - Jay, the recipient of the 0-3 pants from Week 4 and the baby food from Week 19, got this lot. His mom my told me on the phone that they LOVE hand-me-downs and he just started wearing this size. Hope they still fit him when it starts to cool down.
#226 Stickers - I just got these from my mother-in-law last week, so it hardly seems like a PURGE, but we also got a small tub of stickers from her too and we're keeping those. Because this was basically new and in the box, I thought it would be best to let someone else have fun with them. I'm thinking that our children's ministry can use them for prizes or rewards or something. (no pic, got rid of it too fast).

All of this stuff I just brought with me to church and handed it out like it was Christmas in August ;)

You probably know people who could use some of your stuff more than you. It just takes asking around, but it's a great opportunity to help out a friend. Give it a try, you'll like it, as you know you're helping them with something they need and not just adding to their clutter.


No comments:

Post a Comment