Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, January 21, 2010

Purge - Week 3

#12 About a dozen fall/winter shirts, #13 Bath robe, #14 Dress Socks
I went through my closet and cleaned out what amounted to 13 pounds of clothes. I got rid of anything that I've had it since college, was too short, too tight, too loose, cut too low, uncomfortable or not exactly my style. Some things were new and in great condition, and will hopefully find a good home. Clothes that don't fit have really been ticking me off and I'd rather just wear a hoodie and look like a slob then wear something that I'm uncomfortable in. And at work as far as my dressy work clothes, if I haven't worn it yet, I'm prolly not gonna wear it, so it's better if someone else will. The bathrobe I've had since college and rarely use it.
Went to: Empty Tomb

#15 Magazines
I have an ongoing subscription to "Parents" magazine, which was a Christmas present last year from my brother and sister-in-law (Thanks, guys). It is chock full of helpful information, but I tend to only need to read things once and it's in my brain, so really archiving the past year on the shelf underneath my television isn't really necessary. I just saved 3 of the most recent issues.
Went to: Cyndi, a preschool teacher

#16 Cooler
This isn't even ours, but we've been borrowing it for YEARS. We initially borrowed it from Bo's dad for our annual BBQ each summer. Since then it's been in our basement and also our garage. I'm sure many of us have stuff that isn't ours and not only is it taking up space in our house, but the person whose it is prolly misses it. Give it back!
Went to: my father-in-law

#17 Baby Crinkly Books
Like I said the week before last. We have PLENTY of books. These are a few of baby ones that we don't use anymore cuz Tey is past the stage of eating books. YAY! I love that we can read for long periods of time each night with both boys.
Went to: A new grandma named Jenny who bought them from Craig's List ($3)

#18 6-9 Month Onesies, #19 6-9 Month Sleepers and #20 6-9 Month Coat
Monkey doesn't fit in these anymore but a coworker's baby does! Just FYI, we haven't made a final decision not to have anymore kids, but these things take up space and someone else can use them immediately. In this economy, I'd much rather someone else who needs them be able to put these to use immediately than for them to sit in our basement to be *possibly* used in the future. If and when baby #3 comes along, we can get stuff at consignment. And you never know, we may have a girl the next time around ;)
Went to: Tanisha and Jacory

Purging Earnings: $3

No comments:

Post a Comment