Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, January 14, 2010

Purge - Week 2

The laundry room was the target area of this week's Purge. I posted these to Free-Cycle with the request for one person to pick up all and I got 25, yes 25 responses! Who knew my trash would go like hotcakes? Rebecca, the lucky recipient of all this junk, will hopefully make more use of it than I did.
#7 Dryer Balls (BTW I'm continuing counting from last week, so I know the total # at the end of the year)
I think these work pretty well, but Bo wanted to get rid of them. The are Earth-friendly in that it decreases your drying time and you don't need dryer sheets, but in the process of making these thingers, the some bad toxins are released. Bo wanted nothing to do with them anymore.

# 8 Dreft Laundry Detergent
We only bought one of these when bean was born and also used it when Monkey was born. We never finished it and there was about 1/3 left! Now we just use "All" for our laundry cuz it's also perfume and dye-free. So this Dreft has just been sitting in our laundry room collecting dust, literally. I had to dust it off.

#9 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
I got this as a free sample in the mail and have never used it. I'm pretty sure I've had this since soon after we moved into our house, 7 years ago this week!

#10 Clorox Toilet Tabs
We used to use these before the kids were born. Man they kept the toilet clean! But especially in the guest bathroom, which we didn't use as much, you'd get a waft of bleach when you finally did use it. No good.

#11 Can of Lysol Disinfectant (Mountain Air scent) and #12 Glade Potpourri Spray (Rainshower scent)
I don't remember ever buying these. I might have inherited them from a college roommate. Wow! I haven't lived with anyone else since 2001. I probably didn't just want to throw them in the garbage. I'm glad someone took all of these off my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment