Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, January 28, 2010

Purge - Week 4

#20 Plastic Bags - We have reuseable shopping bags, but sometimes we forget them, especially at non-grocery stores. Our punishment is that we go home with plastic ones. We deal with them by rolling them up and tossing them in our pantry. My mom even taught us this special way to tightening them up really small. Still, they are junk and mess up our pantry, but I hate to toss them in the trash. We remembered to bring them back to the grocery store on Saturday along with our own reusable bags. Score!
Went to: Meijer

#21 Kitchen Items: Doesn't every one have a kitchen junk draw? We do. These were just a couple things that i pulled out while looking for something else. We never used the spaghetti measure (that painter's palette thing). The yellow zester and the metal scraper thing both suck at doing their job. And we now have an amazing Microplane that does so many things we want it to. We also have fun cheese slicer that eliminates the need for the two pictured here.
Went to: Good Will

#22 Girl Books
We've had these on our bookshelves too. I got them before I was even pregnant cuz it's so hard to find good books with girls as the main character. These two books also do a great job of talking about girls as strong, fun, smart, beautiful, etc. We've read them a couple times, but again, I was pretty sure someone else could use them more than we do. I hope our boys do see girls as those things, but we can talk about it and live it out, which is prolly more effective for them than reading about it in a book. Anyway, it was Adsen's b-day this week, so she got them.
Went to: Adsen
#23 0-3 Month pants
In October, we gave a lot of our baby stuff and 0-3 month clothes to Jen and her adopted son Jay. Some how these 2 items missed getting included and were in another box of baby clothes. Luckily he can still fit in them. Awww...they are sooo tiny!
Went to: Jay

#24 12-18 Month Pajamas
I'm positive I bought this at a consignment somewhere when I started to wise up and not by all brand new clothes for Bean. It's the first 12-18 month outfit Monkey has outgrown. It's kinda liberating to get rid of something so quickly after it's lost its use for us.
Went to: Declan
#25 Children's Ministry Materials
I passed the baton of leading children's ministry at the beginning of January. Talk about liberating! It would have nearly impossible to do that plus a full time real job (that plus full-time fake job of grad school was already a stretch). This was also an opportunity to pass along materials that I have been collecting over the years. Man, if only I could count all the stuff that was passed to me and I trashed, but that I did a long time ago. Here are some binders and folders of administrative documents and also curriculum. You might recognize these as some of the multi-year inhabitants of our junk room
Went to: Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment