Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Purge - Week 5

#25 See N Say - Another item that wasn't ours. As Director of Children's Ministry, I always got handed whatever was left in the classroom after tear down and clean up. One week, this was found under a table. It's been in the playroom for several months because I keep forgetting to return it.
Went to: Our church's children's minitry toy box

#26 Baby Toothbrush/Gum Massager and Storage case (Oval thing on top)- Bought this new for Monkey. He was pretty observant about Bean's toothbrush, so took to that quickly. We didn't use this very long so it has been sitting useless in the boys' bathroom drawer.
Went to: Joy and Isabella after I posted it to Free-Cycle

#27 3 Bulb Syringes - These were also in the boys' bathroom drawer. We use them as bath toys because the boys barely ever get sick and when they do, we've NEVER found these to be useful. We have enough bathroom toys.
Went to: Joy and Isabella after posted it to Free-Cycle

#28 - 38 Adult-size hangers
They've been in our closet. After the Week 3 purge of my clothes which I donated to Empty Tomb, many hangers were left over that I didn't need. Even if I buy a bunch of clothes, which I hope to do come spring, I won't need all of these hangers.
Went to: a coworker, Tanisha who told me of her need of hangers and was gonna buy them brand new at store. Double win: I declutter she saves on cash.

#29 About a Dozen Bibs
They were in the playroom closet which is where we keep all the boys' clothes. Tey still uses a couple bibs, but just the plastic- or vinyl-type ones that we can rinse off and reuse pretty quickly. I'm sure there are more cloth ones in the laundry, but that means we're USING them. The pic is just of the more boyish ones. I gave the others away before I took a pic.
Went to: 2 different families on Free-Cycle (sharing the love)

#30 Children's Ministry Curriculum - 3 Teachers guide, 1 student book and 3 CDs
BOXES of curricula were given to me when I became CM Director. I purged a lot a long time ago. This is what was left. I kept it cuz I was teaching in the age range, but I soon realized that I'd rather come up with my own stuff. I also almost never do music stuff with the kids, so the CDs would have been useless anyway.
Went to: Someone named Laura who posted to Free-Cycle that she was looking for this kinda stuff and this age range. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment