Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 7 PURGE

Playroom. Wine cellar. Home theater. Guest room. Music studio. Game room. These are just a few of my favorite dreams for our basement. Even though I know we won’t ever have all of these things, each item I PURGE brings us one step closer to at least finishing the basement and somehow making use of that space for something other than storage of stuff we don't use.
My accomplishment for this week was to sort through some children’s stuff in the basement and box up what could be sold at All Things Kids, a consignment store in southwest Champaign. Consignors can only bring 2 crates (tubs, boxes, etc.) of clothes from the 1st through the 15th of each month, but there is no limit on other items, which you can bring them any time.
Above is what I PURGED this week:
#35: Car seat cover - Used by Bean only. Monkey was fine using his puffy winter coat.
#36: Crib sheet protector - Used by Bean only. He slept in one position well enough to make this useful. Monkey, not surprisingly, has always been a mover and shaker all over his crib even when he was an infant.
#37: Head-positioner for car seat - We never used these cuz the Car Seat Class we took at Carle told us they were useless and perhaps harmful to some babies.
#38: 2 Diaper bags - I *think* I might have used one of these once, but not as my everyday diaper bag.
#39 Mini-electric Breast Pump - I got this from my sister in law, but I never used it cuz I had my own electric one that was portable.
#40 Potty Chair - Got this at One Week Boutique, but we never used because Bean always sat in one of those rings on the toilet, and Monkey is just starting to do the same. The rings are much better in my opinion because I don't have to directly deal with poop and pee :)
#41 Box of 3-to 6-month clothes - It was sad to see these go. I forgot how small babies can be :( If/when baby #3 comes along, we'll get new or consigned stuff. I'd rather have my space back. Plus, you never know, we could have a girl.
#42 Box of 6- to 9-month clothes - Including the aforementioned puffy winter coat
Went to: All Things Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment