Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 6 PURGE

#30 - 3 Diaper Wipes Containers
I cleaned out the boys' closet this week and now I can see the floor! Bean was impressed too ;) These were hidden in a corner since Bean was a baby. They came in handy when we had diaper changing stations all around the house, which is convenient when your kid needs 12 diaper changes a day. Now that Monkey likes to sit on the potty, we've been using more TP.
Went to: Lacey and her daycare (she also pick up another 2 bibs I found, but didn't want to count it, cuz I purged the majority of them last week)
#31 - Kids Hangers
These were scattered in the boys' closet, so I bagged the them up to give to a friend who said she needed them. Her kids' clothes end up in laundry baskets or all over the house. Glad PURGE can come to the rescue!
Went to: Tanisha

#32 - 2 Bath Books
These were in the boys' bathroom. When Bean was a baby, we got the seal one from one of the Urbana Free Library's book sale. BTW, if you want to stock up on cheap books this is the place to go for 3 books for $1
The rubber duck book we got as a gift from my dissertation advisor when Monkey was born. I don't think I need to repeat that we have ENOUGH books.
Went to: Lacey and her daycare

#33 - 4 Bible Craft books
These have been in the basement and were the few that survived a PURGE that I did years ago. I've received to many of these as hand-me-downs and many are not very good. These were, but I knew someone else would get better use of them.
Went to: Patti and her children's ministry class.

#34 - 3 Diaper Ointments
We bought these before Bean was born cuz I read somewhere that when you kid gets diaper rash, you don't want to have to run to the store to buy it. Monkey has never gotten diaper rash and Bean got it fewer times than I can count on one hand. So, we just kept one small bottle of Burt's Bees Lavendar stuff, which should hold us over.
Went to: Lacey Lee and her daycare

:( Landfill :( A pair of Bo's old boxer shorts that he's owned for at least as long as I've known him, which is almost 11 years. I found them at the bottom of his underwear drawer. When I pulled on the waistband, it permanently stretched. The elastic must had dried out. I had Bean bring it to him to ask if they still fit and we all had a good laugh. Adios, Chief!

No comments:

Post a Comment