Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 37 PURGE - College Textbooks

Another school year has begun! While U of I students are buying their textbooks for the next semester of higher education, I got to PURGing mine.

I'd like to think that all the important stuff I learned in college and grad school is still stored in my head. So my "library" of textbooks (really just an unorganized pile on the floor of my basement) is doing nothing but providing hiding places for spiders and crickets.

Remember I mentioned that the Urbana Free Library collects books to sell for a fundraiser? This gave me extra motivation to donate my books soon because the next sale starts tomorrow and runs through this weekend during the 35th Urbana Sweet Corn Festival.

With an imaginary deadline (not a real deadline because they take books all year round) to work towards, I headed to the basement and dusted off over 25 books (#237- #261) from mostly my college years. My grad school books I plan to give away to friends and students of mine.
I contemplated selling them to earn some extra cash, but convinced myself otherwise after thinking about the hassle of looking up each book's info, posting them online or elsewhere and dealing with people who may or may not be interested in buying then. Kudos to you who can both PURGE and sell stuff for some extra cash! Maybe someday I'll have the patience to do that too. For now, I was happy enough that they were PURGEd and will likely get reused, not recycled, or worse, trashed.

And many thanks to my hubby for his help with this week's PURGE. Books have been by far the heaviest thing we've PURGEd and he did all the heavy lifting to get these out of the house and to the library. Gotta love a man who loves to PURGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment