Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chambanamoms.com Highlights Clean Water Garage Sale

PURGE started with an idea from Amy Hatch from www.chambanamoms.com to have "A Year of Living with Less," whereby she'd get rid of junk each week and tell the world about it.

Brilliant! Potentially embarrassing, but also brilliant.

I decided to join her with "PURGE," but it's basically the same thing. I've been keeping Amy posted about things over here and when I told her about the Clean Water Garage Sale and it's connection to PURGE, she asked me to write an article for chambanamoms.com!

I nearly wet myself. I read Chambanamoms.com multiple times a day because I'm connected with them through every possible social media. I'm indebted to them for the amazing deal we got on our 2011 Toyota Sienna when we discovered we needed a van to accommodate Mei Mei by October. To randomly with a T-shirt from them at a pool party was the icing on the cake (though Bo wears it cuz it's too bug for me, even while pregnant).

So I was quite honored to be asked to write an article about the Clean Water Garage Sale and PURGE, but I was nervous. A grad school friend of mine commented that it has to be easier than writing a dissertation. Yeah, maybe, but only five people read my dissertation and only because they had to!

I'm hoping this will have more of an impact. May it encourage you not only to PURGE but also to put your junk to a good cause, whatever that cause may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment