Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 36 PURGE - Toiletries

In the past I have Freecycled toiletries, but thanks to friend, fellow blogger, and PURGEr, I know now how to donate them to a good cause.

Local charity, Empty Tomb, collects new and barely used cosmetics such as lotions, perfumes, make-up, etc. and assembles them into gift baskets. At Christmas, children from families of limited financial resources gift baskets for their parents. How sweet it that?

I was motivated to PURGE my bathroom drawers and under my sink and this is what I found.
#227 1 Full-size Conditioner
#228 2 full-size Face Washes
#229 2 Travel-size toothpastes
#230 1 Tube of Acne Medication
#231 1 Body Mist
#232 2 Travel-Size Conditioners
#233 1 Travel-Size Shampoo
#234 3 Trial-Size Body Lotions
#235 1 Travel-Size Soap
#236 2 Trial Size Eye Creams

You too can bring your donations to Empty Tomb at 301 N. 4th St. in Champaign on Monday through Saturday from 9:ooam to 12:30pm or 2:15pm to 5:00pm. The drop off door is on the north side of the building; just ring the doorbell. You'll love the feeling of less clutter and knowing that your donation helped a child give a beautiful gift to a parent this upcoming holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment