Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 38 PURGE- Paper to be Shredded

This morning Monkey and I made a fun trip to the University of Illinois Employees Credit Union. Nope, not for banking. For PURGing!

As mentioned in a previous post, the UIECU periodically hosts a shred event for confidential documents. So this week, I cleaned out our file cabinet of archived #262 bills and PURGEd anything over a year old. I also had a box of #263 confidential documents related to graduate school which made up the bulk of this box.
Thankfully Bo helped by loading it into our trunk. I'm pretty sure this box was the second heaviest PURGE item (the heaviest being a tub of textbooks). And then luckily two friendly UIECU staff unloaded it from the trunk to the large semi truck-shredder machine. There wasn't even a wait!

Despite this being a fairly simple PURGE project, I learned a lot. I've already requested that my bank bills be sent electronically. I plan to do that with more financial statements so there's less I'll have to shred and recycle.

PURGE is helping me realize the small ways that I can reduce what comes into our house, so there's less to PURGE later. What a fun and insightful challenge for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment