Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Friday, December 31, 2010

Week 52: A Change of Plans

As soon as a pulled into the driveway and saw the "OPEN" sign unlit, I knew that my plan for this past month to PURGE to my 4 favorite organizations around CU was foiled. All Things Kids was closed for the holiday season so employees could spend time with their families, according to another posted sign.

Understandable. But still I felt let down. 

To the "T" I followed the directions they laid out in their e-mail, facebook page and website: all consignors were allowed to bring only the 30 best of their clothes during the month of Decemeber.  I carefully picked out some of the items I was sure they'd accept.  Lately I've been feeling a little rejected by the amount of my stuff they've been turning away.  On December 27th, those feelings of rejection were replaced by betrayal.

Why hadn't they posted on fb that they were going to be closed?  No e-mail either!  Some forewarning would have been appreciated considering they'd be closed for a whole week!

When I got home I realized that they had posted to fb. Twice.  And on their website (though I never check that). Whoops! It was my fault. I felt so guilty. 

Like last January and February when I was getting really ticked at the MTD because anytime I rode a bus, I would get nauseous. On top of feeling frustrated with the circumstances that made it a necessity for me to ride the bus, I was angry at the drivers for their hard braking, making me sick to my stomach.  I was jealous of people who could productively read while in this cage and all I could do was squeeze my eyes closed and hope I wouldn't vomit.  Turns out it wasn't the fault of the MTD, but I was pregnant.  Whoops!  Luckily all my angst was bottled up inside or else I would have had to write a very apologetic letter to them.

Anyway, in the bind of not being able to PURGE to ATK, my back up plan was to donate to Empty Tomb again.  Perhaps this is more fitting as it is my favorite place to PURGE. I was able to get rid of #255 a pair of Maternity Pants, #256 7 Maternity Shirts , #257 a jacket, #258 a Suede Jacket, #259 a sweater, #260 a pair of pants, and #261 15 pairs of baby socks. 

Perhaps I could have gotten some money for the maternity clothes or baby socks, but with PURGE the main point is to just get it out of the house.  I'm happy just  know that it will be used again and for the time being stay out of a landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment