Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, December 16, 2010

Week 49: Mei Mei's contribution

With Bean, my firstborn, every time he outgrew an outfit I got sad about how he was growing up and how he'd never wear it again.  I might have even shed a tear, or two, or three. 

With Mei Mei, things are a little different.  I've grown to savor every minute of each day, treasuring it because I know she will never be that many days old again. And each day that passes brings new experiences we share and new skills she learns.  I'm excited about her potential for growth the the possibilities of her future.

I see her outgrown clothes with different eyes too. I'm not bummed that she is no longer tiny enough to fit in them, I'm excited about the opportunity to clothe another cute newborn with those same clothes, likely a newborn that is born into a family that is not as financially blessed as we are. 

So it is with a happy heart that on behalf of Maewyn, I donated these #323-#232 10 newborn clothes to Empty Tomb.  We've been having horribly cold weather, so I'm hoping these onesies and undershirts will keep a baby warm.  We've been so blessed with so mnay clothes for her from friends, it's a joy to give some away to those in need.

1 comment:

  1. Yay- I recognize the print on the yellow onesie! I'm so glad Maewyn was able to use these after Yael wore them. And Yael's cousin wore them, and another baby before her. It's good to see the clothes moving onto their next baby. This is a great demonstration of how resources can really be shared and stretched. Bringing this mindset into our collective conscience could do so much...

    ReplyDelete