Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Week 51: The I.D.E.A. Store


Look at all that JUNK!  This is the kid of stuff that ends up 1) in your junk drawer, 2) at the bottom of your kid's toy box, 3) in the back of your pantry until 4) you throw it away.  

No MORE!

Take your little reusable items of metal, plastic and paper to The I.D.E.A. Store.  It's on Springfield, just East of Neil, so you probably pass by all the time and drop off is easy.  Check out this list of stuff they accept, because you likely have several items they take.

Here are some items we collect regularly (#245-254):
Metal Bottle Caps
Metal boxes and tins from Altoids, cookies, candy
Plastic Tab Closures from food bags
Plastic Toys no larger than 2"x2"
Toy Parts
Wooden Crates from Clementines
Brown Paper Grocery bags 
Shoeboxes
Sleeves from hot drinks
Paint Sample Chips

My junk draw is now the collection spot for this stuff.  When I open a bottle of beer, the cap goes in there.  When I finish a loaf of bread, the plastic tab goes in there. When a cheap small toy breaks, it goes in there.  After a couple weeks, I make a run to the I.D.E.A Store where it will be sold to support the work of the Champaign-Urbana School Foundation and the Champaign-Urbana Public Schools.  

I love PURGing for a good cause and keeping my crap out of landfills!

No comments:

Post a Comment