Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 42 PURGE: The I.D.E.A. Store Continued

Well it turned out that The I.D.E.A. Store was interested in ALL the items I packed in this sack that I wasn't sure about. Besides the little toys, none were specifically listed, but I thought I'd give it a shot. One September 30th, you can be the proud owners of any of the following:
#281 Edges to foam play mats - I gave the mats to church, but they don't use these parts
#282 Paint stirrers - These were a freecycle find, but I only needed a couple
#283 Glass Brick - I got as a momento
#284 Misc little toys (in circular container)- random knick knacks from the basement
#285 Plastic lids to baby bottles (in orange shoe box) - I gave away the bottles and forgot to include these
And last but not least the 2 finds that started began this whole PURGE to The I.D.E.A. Store:
#286 Colorful Toothpicks and #287 Twist-ties - both of which were scattered along the bottom of our kitch junk draw.

After I dropped off my donation, I also got to look around the store, and it's incredible. At this point my limited artistic ability renders me mostly interested in the bulk markers and crayons, which were really cheap, but I'll go explore with the kids sometime and I'm sure we'll have fun. I also got more ideas of things to purge including those wooden crates that clementines come in and the metal tins for cookies and such. I'm going to start seeing junk in a whole new light. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment