Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 12 Purge

No creative theme for this week, but we our whole family did some great PURGING.

#70 Bean's Sneakers
We got him a new pair of New Balances, that kinda look Spiderman-ish. We it's a win-win situation cuz they are great sneakers, and he likes them cuz they are blue. The ones pictured to the left had holes quickly growing around the toe. Obviously not consignable, and I didn't think donations to local charities would be Went to: one of those red bins of by US'Again that you see in parking lots of some businesses.

#71 Sleeping Bag
This was in the closet in the boys bedroom. We actually have 4 sleeping bags and rarely use them, so I figured I could get ride of at least one without much impact on our sleeping bag availability. Went to: Melinda, a friend from church who just bought her husband a tent for his birthday.

#72 Lotions
These still has some lotion in them so I dedicated myself to using them up so I wouldn't have to give them away or trash them. So I lathered myself up every day and within a week I was able to just recycle the bottles and not waste anything. I felt good about this PURGE cuz it took some focus, but really wasn't that hard.
Went to: Recycling

#73 Summer Maternity Clothes
These I had set aside in my closet because I was going to consign them. But my heart broke for a mom who posted to free-cycle that she was in need of size small summer maternity close. Being a small person myself and knowing how hard it is to find clothes, I was confident that she wouldn't receive anything had I not contacted her. The satisfaction of knowing that she would use them was more valuable to me than the small amount of money I would have made if they happened to sell as consignment.
Went to: Toni on Freecycle

#74 and &75 2 of Bo's Sneakers
These were both in our basement and I convinced my husband to PURGE them cuz he just bought a new pair of sneakers and has another pair for running and another for junky stuff like mowing the lawn. I was proud of him!
Went to: one of those red bins of by US'Again that you see in parking lots of some businesses.
Next week: Spring Wardrobe PURGE

No comments:

Post a Comment