Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 45: Coats for Kids Drive

My kids' children's ministry at church are sponsoring a Coats for Kids drive to benefit Empty Tomb.  Actually, they are collecting all types of winter outer wear: coats, hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, etc.  So, when I went through our tub of stuff from last year, I found some extras that we won't use.

My mom loves to crochet scarves, so my boys picked the bright blue ones located in the middle row and we donated the rest of #299 Baby hat (Mei Mei already has too many) and #300 6 hand-made scarves.

If you'd like to donate, I'll be collecting them for ET even after the drive at church is over, so just post a comment or contact me directly.

I also made a drop to Empty Tomb myself after taking another look at my closet and PURGing some stuff that I thought a mom of 3 shouldn't wear.  At the top is #301 some lounge wear that says bride '04.  Yep, that was me over 6 years ago.  The drawstring waist doesn't quite hold up to my newly shaped waist and the hoodie is a little bleached on the cuffs.  In the middle are #302 hospital socks.  Really no one should wear these outside of the hospital, but what a waste to throw them away.  The 4 long sleeve shirts #303 were all too short and too tight.  Granted, I tried them on right after I gave birth, so that's understandable. But I'd like my clothes to be flexible enough that if I gain a few pounds the still fit alright.

There are several more tops that fit this description, so I'll go through them slowly.  I'm finding it so much easier to PURGE but not as easy to buy clothes for myself.  I hope I don't run out of clothes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment