Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Friday, June 18, 2010

Garage Sale PURGE - Nursery Closet Clean Out (Wk23)

Ok, nevermind about being silent as I get ready for the garage sale. If I have time, I'll do a play-by-play!
Last night I cleaned out what will be our baby girl's (Pumpkin's) nursery closet. It's currently overrun with her big brothers' outgrown and out of season clothes. For my project last night, I just focused on tackling Monkey's stuff.
  1. If he's anything like Bean (who was born almost exactly 2 years and 1 week ahead of him), he'll still fit into his 18-month pants this fall. So I just boxed those up and moved them to his closet.

  2. I folded his 18-month PJs and kept them in Pumpkin's closet. I guess I'm figuring that even though they look kinda boyish, they are just jammies and no one is really going to see them, so maybe we'll use them for her. If it turns out that is not the case, I'll PURGE them then.

  3. My sister-in-law knit some of Bean's and Monkey's sweaters, and I didn't want to PURGE those at all, so they have been moved to the boys' closet as well.

  4. Two onesies were stained pretty badly. I haven't decided if I should try to freecycle them or put them in an US'Again Bin. They are hanging in a plastic sack on the doorknob of my back door, so I'll be encouraged to do something quickly about them.

  5. A couple of items were brand name items that I'd like to consign. Because they off-season, it will be best to consign them at the end of the summer/beginning of fall. So, I boxed them up and moved them to the basement. I have a section for consignment down there and have been keeping up with it pretty well.

  6. Lastly, I boxed up the rest for the garage sale. Probably my favs are a brown sweat set with raccoon on it and a light blue sweater with a hound dog's face on the front and its rear on the back. Too cute!

  7. To that I added that to some clothes I lent a friend's son and she returned. I found in it in the consignment section of the basement when I brought the other box down.

With #6 and #7, we have a fairly good contribution of toddler boy's clothes! In the past we've found that baby and children's items really brought a lot of people to the garage sale. Do you have a closet in need of cleaning? You might find some treasures in there that worth giving to our garage sale. BTW, it will be on Saturday, July 24th, so get PURGing!



1 comment:

  1. I would try to freecycle the stained onesies. I go looking for one or two that Sammy could wear and eat whatever he wants in (he was teaching himself how to eat spaghetti last night! so fun!) or play/explore the dirt. It's nice having the stained ones already so that I don't feel so bad about ruining an outfit. Too bad I don't live closer to you!

    ReplyDelete