Stats:

Money PURGE earned for myself: $41.46
Money PURGE Helped Raise for a Well in Liberia: $1501.00







Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 18 - Red Bird Mission

Last Summer I went on my first mission trip. It was to Kentucky on the Eastern side which is considered part of Appalachia, a very impoverished multi-state area of our very own country. Red Bird Mission is located there and I was blown away buy their comprehensive services to the local communities surrounding Beverly, Kentucky (i.e., prenatal care, day care, a K-12, health care (including a hospital and dentist office, a cheap clothing shop, food pantry, and economic opportunities such as locals selling their crafts). While I was there I got to help with home improvement. Well, it was one of the best run charities I've ever seen, so I knew my donated stuff would go to good use. My church is taking another trip out there so I'm sending this stuff along with them.

103: 160+ Box Tops for Education & 104: 25+ Campbell Soup Labels
All the lockers in the Red Bird Mission School and vans that we drove into the community to bring our home improvement supplies were bought with these. Absolutely amazing!

#105 2 Toothbrushes
These are for the dental clinic. I'm assuming they give these out to free to patients.

#106 4 Teddy Bears
These are given to children who visit the clinic.

#107 Box of Colored Pencils and #108 Pipe cleaners
They'll use these in the school.

Oh, I wish I could go, but at least a piece of me is going. Maybe I'll find more that they can use in the couple weeks before the group leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment